Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Vanity

Okay, I was going to go on at length about our wonderful Valentine's Day. However, it seems very small be so happy and love-y about all the things Scott does for me that I like or notice. SO instead I wanted to say: I have the most wonderful, gracious, patient, loving capable husband anywhere. I'm honored to be his wife and want to thank his parents profusely for training-up and loving their sweet boy so wonderfully.

I do want to show off what he came home with. It's so very kind and thoughtful:

When he came home from his evening activities, he had in his possession a sweet little vanity for our room. Our bathrooms have NO counter space, so he bought it for me to use. It's definitely an antique. I am amazed with how stable it is for having such delicate looking legs. What is that style? Queen Ann or something.


I want to really praise Sydni, though I know she wasn't looking for or wanting it, for counting her blessing for her husband and daughter, especially before the silly day of Valentines. I have decided to copy her here in the next day or two and do the same on my blog. I've been talking with a friend about the need to remember God's blessings and provision when life is hard or not 'perfect'. Facing the future with a thankful heart makes so much difference with our expectation, acceptance and contentment in the moment.

Don't get me wrong. For some strange reason I really like all the pink and red and glitter and hearts. SO, thank you Syd for the V. Day card. I was so excited to get it. We love you all, family and friends, and pray for you each individually as well as your families. May God make his love active and tangible in all of you.

On the side, I want to write these down about the boys. I am sure to forget if this isn't done now!

When our friend, Jessie, and her son Ethan came over for lunch the other day, the boys were excited to be using the toilet on their own so kept going back to the bathroom. Ranne went in several times. The first, he came out without pants. The second, his underwear was on backwards as he ran by us. The third time they were inside out. The next time, they were on correctly and the last time were not on at all. It was so funny to see him darting by in a different style every few minutes.

Ranne has been pretending he's a penguin. He'll be sitting in the back of the car with Toby, tired from a long morning out and say, "Mama, you have two tired little penguins back here." When we go to Wal-Mart, he will waddle all over the store, fingers sticking out from hands held to his hips, right by the basket. He is a very well behaved penguin.

I went to a party with some ladies last Tuesday. Ranne has not liked it lately when I go out in the evening. This happens about once a week, or once every two weeks. As I was leaving, he began to panic and ran to get his shoes. When explaining he was going to stay with Dad, he cried huge tears (though didn't fuss) and said, "This little penguin can go! He'll get his shoes on and run really fast after you." It tore my heart in two. So innocent.

2 Responses:

Sydni said...

Oh, my. That vanity is completely adorable and perfect for that spot! What a great idea Scott had... and I don't blame him because you are a wonderful wife, and he just wanted to show a little bit of his love and appreciation (I think).

After I wrote that list of things I liked, I got to thinking Clint would just be embarrassed and possibly a little mad. He said he wasn't. Ugh.

Thanks again for posting!!!

I copied the daily Bible verse from your MySpace.

JeremyNSunny said...

The "little penguin" bit is a riot!!!!! This is SUCH a grrrreat age for all the funny, quirky things that 'little penguins' do. I think it's also very interesting to hear him talking about himself in third person!!

I'm thankful for you that you have an occasion to get out of the house once every week or two! You're right, the blessings are too numerous to count.