Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Antics


We began the birthday boy's morning by having him open his gift from the Foldings after breakfast. Oh, he was excited and so was I! I've been looking at such toys online for some time and am thrilled for him to use these! Thank you!

Scott left for work planning to meet us over the lunch hour for a special trip to the ice cream shop. In the hour before, I took the boys to the park and also the store to buy fruit on double-ad day. The weather is absolutely gorgeous, but Toby was tired already and Ranne is still puny. After 20-minutes of standing around and going down the slide a few times, Ranne asked to either go home or see Dad. Ranne did find a good stick he wanted to show off for all of you.
Quite the jumper!

Toby has decided to begin stunts with no supervision (I'll explain at the end of this blog). After having me help him down the slide a few times in various positions, he chose to go down headfirst--alone. I sat and watched him take a good digger into the wood chips. He was upset, understandably, coming-up for air with a mouth full of wood shards. Nice....



We then picked up dad from work and drove the boys over to an ice-cream place I was taken to by a friend from the church. The walls are covered in tins/pictures/signs/memorabilia. There are children's toys and books and items for dressing-up all over. Both wee ones were droopy and Scott's allergies were distracting him, so it was pretty dull. But, it would be a fun place to take a group of chil'ens.




I am sooo excited for Ranne to see Sayler's video for today. He's in bed coughing through his nap right now. But, when they wake, both he a Toby will be thrilled. THANK YOU. We sure love you all.

To explain Toby's 'stage', we're really beginning training with him on not fussing when he doesn't get something he wants (including food off our plates) and with coming and staying. He's become quite the adventurous independant and finds all this difficult. Another part of this is his I-can-do-anything spirit. Scott was on the floor at the base of the couch yesterday helping Toby roll off head-first onto Scott's stomach. Toby became ecstatic and hyper as their game progressed. Scott eventually became bored and went to sit at the table to do a little work. Toby climbed up on the couch using a stool (he's not done that before) and pushed himself off, headfirst onto the wood, his head bending the VERY wrong direction. He was pretty traumatized. What was he thinking? I sat watching the whole thing like a dumby, not expecting him to go shooting himself off. THEN, he climbed back up as if he thought he just had bad form and was going to try again. I removed him and the stool from the couch, feeling like a heart attack was in my future just from watching his antics.

NOW, I am yet again going to skip cleaning bathrooms to go outside and work in the wonderfully cool air and warm sun.

2 Responses:

Sydni said...

I have been thinking about Ranne's health. I'm glad he is better... (Sayler is currently coughing through her nap too!)

Ranne's stick is GREAT, and that first picture of Ranne speaks voluemes to me. Wonderful job on the gift Sunny!!!

I have no idea what to say about Toby! I hope I don't see trips to the ER w/ him in tow in your future!

I appreciate SO MUCH your time spent blogging (and picture taking).

DadJohnson said...

Can you say "Geronimo", Toby?

It looks like the kids had a great tie regardless of their sick bout.

I too am very glad to see Ranne up and about and not in such trauma. I hate the croup. It's so scary.

I look forward to a phone call tonight.

Great pictures and information. Thanks