Thursday, August 25, 2011

Take Me Out!


Just to the park.

Tuesday night we used coupons the boys earned through a summer reading program to attend an Isotopes game, minor-league baseball. The game was fun. As you can tell from these pictures, we had the time wrong in mind and arrived 45-minutes early. While hot, it was actually a super low-key, nice time for our family to wonder around and play a little without a crowd. Student Center people arrived for the game on time and we spent an hour over there with them and Scott's co-worker's family. Our neighbors, who the boys adore, were also there so all the kids could play a while. What a nice summer night!

Why their interest in this display or their desire to take this photo, I do not know. The amazement never ends.



You can tell we're early. The stands are empty. They nearly were anyway, but not too this extent.


On the park's playground. HOT days.
Take Me Out fits our week to a T.
Ranne's first week of school, Tuesday through Friday, went fine. He had some obvious, quiet trepidation about going in each time but took a deep breath and marched through the door.
This week has been different. We get there a few minutes early and play on the equipment outside, but as soon as that bell rings he's full of tears and fears. On Monday night, he had nightmares all night and every morning he tries to sleep in. AAHHHRRRRG. I had hoped this transition would be easier on us both.
Today I tried to treat the boys, especially my bummed-out Ranne, to happy hour slushies from Sonic. Toby, trying to put Trey's straw back in his cup for me, gouged it through the bottom of the full drink. In my round state I couldn't get to it very fast so the new vehicle has nice sticky red drink spillage front to back. Sheesh. Take me out! I managed to clean it but am just now remembering a spot on the carpet I will have wished to have remembered sooner. Yet, on the bright side, I now have very clean car seats as I had to wash Trey's and so did the others as well.
Despite that mess, I'm actually pretty proud of today: picked up soil for Ranne's class' planting project (and the little costs begin); dropped him off; stopped at the post office; vaccuumed out the car; fed family lunch; napped the boys and caught up on reciepts and bills before baby comes (last baby, I forgot to pay the bills); cleaned, folding and put away all laundry; stopped at Sonic; picked up Ranne; cleaned car seats and Trey (who the drink spilt on; R finished his homework; fed all a strange dinner; we had a movie night and they're now in bed. I'm going to address some thank you cards and tuck myself in.
Goodnight all as well as a congratulations to both my dad and brother on their new jobs! I feel oddly relieved for them to have a change or just...work. God is very good. Dad said on the phone tonight that he's not sure he's been so happy with a previous employment situation. That is very exciting.


2 Responses:

Sydni said...

Well, thank you so much for sharing this - all of it. You look SO good for 9 months pregnant. I am amazed now for a fourth time! I don't blame Ranne for not wanting to go there, but then I never was a good one about school...

DadJohnson said...

Poor little guy. I was fearful myself but it didn't take but a few weeks to finally get settled in. It was Jr. High (middle school)I hated most. Ugh...makes me cringe thinking back. Hang in there buddy Ranne. It will get better.

Any day now, huh. Very excited and waiting eagerly to get 'the phone call'.