Friday, August 19, 2011

From Twig to Branch

Ranne is growing up too fast, faster than I can blink. Lately when looking at him, I have a strange overwhelming urge to just sit on him to make him stop.


Here the boys are on Ranne's first day of school. Yes, his pants are rolled up. Being the mother I am, I was not going to buy him new pants for school and have him grow out of them in the first week. I tried getting a serious picture as well, without his brothers, but the sprinkler soaked my backhalf as I tried to edge further from the house into the yard, all as the neighbor came up to talk. We were late.

And then, what does he go and do but loose his first tooth, on his first day of school! The nerve. Scott took him to the dentist the day before so he could have that experience. The hygentist discovered his tooth was loose. Why did he never mention it? Perhaps it's similar to when I was his age and discovered my hair fell out; I thought I had cancer and was dying. I saw it happen in a movie and assumed I was a gonner but didn't tell Mom for months, sure it would crush her. Ranne was pretty giggly over his tooth discovery, though.
To add to the tooth story, he submitted to the 'Tooth Fairy" game, knowing it's a game and who the fairy is. He and I put the tooth under the pillow and had a big conversation about it to be playful. Well, the fairy is new to this business in the Free House, having just graduated (or been forced into the job). She FORGOT to put the prize under the pillow and woke to find a teary son staring at her as she slept. He tossed the tooth on the bedside table and said, "THIS is what she left me." AHHHHHHH. The pain. The sadness and disappointment. Why did I have to forget the first time! I made up for it the next night with the quarter and a note written in tiny fairy print.



Lastly, here are the new wheels--and gas tank. It, as the man who sold it told us, is not a sipper. But, it will get our people around, as well as a couple extras. It also keeps us, me, sober when deciding whether a trip across town really has to happen. Most often it's "no", though cabin fever has set in. We do have the Fiat for commuting around town when it's just Scott or myself. We hope to get that going fairly soon. Yet the Suburban is a 99 so has some work to be done first, like getting the doors to open from the INSIDE. We are blessed to have it. So blessed!



Otherwise, baby is active and progressing. We expect her arrival any day, hoping is sooner rather than later. Due date is, again, September 7th but she's already big and healthy.
God bless you.

2 Responses:

The Free Tree said...

In the first picture, wouldn't it be interesting to know what Toby was thinking as he looked at his big brother. He's not been excited about the school taking him away. Neither have I.

Sydni said...

Well, you are just hilarious! Thank you very much for all of the pictures and stories. I just cannot help cracking up that the fairy at your house completely forgot! Bwahahahha! Keep us posted on the pending arrival of baby GIRL!!!