Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Fun


The kiddos chanted "TNT" while waiting for the next firework to be lit by the dads. Very funny.

Fourth of July
At the Smolenski Home:
The boys were much more brave this year with the firecrackers than usual. Perhaps because there was such a mob of children and parents present? Today, the day after, Toby was bragging to Ranne, "I lit a roach on fire with my sparkler Ranne, your favorite bug: a roach." Ranne said, "Well I don't care if you lit it on fire, as long as you didn't kill it." Scott is sure the bug incident never really happened.
Friends and Family:
The Poser:

Yum! Italian Ice!
Sweeeeet girl. She and Trey are a week apart in age.

Reading Ranne's First Bible
Superhero edition:We were never motivated to buy a bible for the kids until reading began. He made it through Kindergarten in super ways and is beginning to read so this is his 'yay, good job' gift.
An awesome smiler
Toby pretending to be an Angler Fish
This was perhaps the best week we've had in a long while. The boys did GREAT, without a fight. FUN, FUN, FUN!

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

JeremyNSunny said...

Oh, AMANDA!!! Ohhhh, how I have missed checking up on your blog!! I'm so sorry I've been out of the loop!! UGGH! (If it makes you feel better, I have over 100 blog posts on which I am behind.... Wow...)

This post has me giggling and laughing out loud and sighing with affection and longing for you all. It is wonderful to see you having good, memorable times!! And, with more to come, what with your dad and Brenda set for a visit -- in a couple days! Wonderful!! Give them our warm regards?