Monday, July 25, 2011

Hilariousness

This day has been amusing! No pictures though, I'm sad to say.

Fun things the boys have been saying or doing abound.

Trey, when he hurts his finger or knee or whatever, but only if it's a scrape or cut to his epidermis, will say, "I hurt my skin!"

He'll threaten in silliness to pinch me or something like it. I'll tell him, "No thanks! Pinch yourself!" So he'll try and then say, "I pinch my own self."

Tonight, I had him sitting on the counter as I cooked. After sqeezing a lemon for a marinade, I offered him the bowl of remaining juice. He drunk a good amount down and exclaimed, "Spicy, mmmm." and then finished it. He then got the rind, dipped it in a small bowl of honey one of the other boys decided to fill, and chewed on it for some time. He'll probably stay healthy that way, chewing on lemons and honey!

Ranne went to his first day of swimming, though it's the second round of lessons for him. The first round was very young for him so this is much better. He marched right to his corner of the pool, though he was too shy to ask which class he was to go to, and got in. Once getting in the water and meeting his teacher, he grinned ear-to-ear the whole time. He was so excited he went back and forth their little area over and over, splashing around and spitting water like a fountain. He did very well to give his best effort for the teacher, calming down and trying to do the specific instruction after his crazy, big first try. He was hilarious to watch!

Scott took care of Toby and Trey for me today, which was really fun since I could watch without distraction. Tomorrow all the boys will be there. It'll be good for Ranne's little brothers to see him trying so hard. Hopefully they will want to work toward swimming themselves. Trey's been asking to swim but I just can't go into the pool without the compression hose at this point. Very sad. Next summer, Lord willing, things will be different.

We also met a good friend at the park with her two children. Toby did amazing. He usually plays to himself and then fusses at everyone for leaving him out. This time, he stuck with the group and played hard. He's been super cuddly too. I think the baby's coming is causing him the most hesitation.

He did decide to show off his spitting projection ability right as we were leaving, and did so next to and on my friend's very lovely shoes. We had a sit down talk right there about where boys may and may not spit. Ranne's had the talk but it's been some time. I forget who's come along since those important etiquette discussions. Oh my!

2 Responses:

JeremyNSunny said...

Thank you for these lovely laughs, Amanda!! I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear, so proud of Ranne's swimming confidence, giggly at Trey's funny comments, and guffawing at Toby's mistake of spitting on your friend's nice shoes. Ohhhhh, these parenting moments....

I hear your frustration about having to stay in the hose. GOOD.FOR.YOU, for taking good care of yourself!!!! The sacrifices are tough; I can only imagine. Your choices are appreciated and applauded!!!

'Preciate you, and your blogging! :) Love & miss you alllll!!

Sydni said...

These are the best days!