Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Keeping Walking


We keep walking...

Yes, we are still alive. Here are a few pics to prove that the kids, at least, are still breathing.

Ranne's attire today was his hat, boots, and Mickey Mouse shirt. The pics below were taken while he told me all about his horse Harry. I told Ranne a few days ago that my Granddad was a real cowboy. He asked me today where he was. When told he was in heaven, Ranne said, "You have to go get him. He needs to come down here to teach me how to be a cowboy."


Here's my darling helping with dinner. We were given a wonderful gift of Homemade Gourmet food during these last few stressful days. It was a lifesaver tonight and super easy for Ranne to assist me with.



Toby just buzzes around. His words are becoming slowly clearer, mostly from necessity. We constantly harass him to speak his thanks yous, no thank yous, pleases, helps,.... He also likes saying: shoes, dog, mine. Other words and sentences pop out now and then.

A very precious thing he does: When we inform him a prayer is going on, he bows his head, folds his hands and quietly murmurs a prayer in his baby talk. Ahhh. He does not do this every time, but often. Often this happens during the church meetings.


The boys have begun wrestling more. Toby will give Ranne a friendly smack as he walks by. Ranne will grab Toby's head and 'take him down'. Most of the time they accept it as brotherly love, so I try to just teach them how to do it gently or how to back off if one or the other is stressed. Hm. Boys baffle.

Scott's recovering from a softball smack to the knee. This is the first day since Sunday he's felt any improvement. It's been a good, nauseatingly painful sports wound. Funny that this came from practice. The season has not even begun. Scott seems to really enjoy doing this on his Sunday afternoons. The boys nap then and he can just go out and be with the guys.

Work is exciting for him for the next couple weeks, and tense. That just adds to the enjoyment of it, it seems.

Grandma Johnson should be coming in this Friday. We'll probably see her.

I'm to bed. Been up since exactly 4:39am. Oh, but that reminds me to post a health update:

We went to the midwife. They did an ultrasound and saw 'stuff', but thought the majority of the miscarriage had gone. She put me on a medication that was supposed to consist of eight doses in 24hrs. After five, my body was so exhausted from every muscle cramping and my leg had a pain in it behind my knee, that I quit the stuff. I will call her tomorrow and tell her.

They have given me papers for hormone blood work. As soon as the pregnancy levels are gone, she will order a series of test that will look at blood clotting, thyroid, hormones, etc. Pretty much everything, I think. Well, as much as they know to test for.

So, off to bed. Have a great night, all.

2 Responses:

Sydni said...

It's so good to hear of the developing boys and comforting that they have each other as built-in-friends.

I feel comforted that they are going to test everything with you and hope Scott's injury continues to heal.

JeremyNSunny said...

Thank you for posting. I know it takes a level of engagement and energy that you might not be necessarily 'feeling' at this point. Our hearts and prayers have been with you; thank you for the update on your health.

Ranne as a cowboy totally CRACKS ME UP!! My (mmm) ... dad? had a cousin who came around some when we were children. He was a cowboy, and always wore a black hat. Aren't there a picture or two of Scott wearing that black hat? That's what Ranne's hat reminds me of!

I think you're wise to not discourage the boys from rough play, but to teach them how. That's one of Jeremy's biggest pieces of parenting advice: Don't just tell the children all the time what not to do, but instead/additionally tell them what they should do. :) I learned a lot about b-o-y-s reading James Dobson's book Bringing Up Boys, a quick, informative read that is encouraging in the true sense of the word.