Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another Prayer, Please?

These posts are just lousy lately. The camera has been up on a shelf. Sorry about that. I will repent here soon.

Hm. Funnies? Scott was telling Ranne the other day that Ranne speaks the language English. Today I asked Ranne to say the name Horton and he said, "I can't. I only speak English." This is quite humorous as Horton sounds, though I don't know for sure, quite English in origin.

Lately, I have begun to jog. I went two miles for the first time yesterday morning and then walked one more. That sounds really wimpy to most, I know, but is really good for me and I'm proud of it. Considering a few weeks ago, I couldn't make a 1/4 without feeling as if I would expire right there on the dirt. It was great yesterday. The weather was beautiful, cold breeze and hot sun. The dirt circuit is right by the airbase, so all the jets blast by. I LIKE that. There is also a playground so Scott watched the boys play until we shared a picnic.

Toby has a great affinity for the tire swing at the above mentioned park. He has been strongly discouraged from throwing fits when taken off, in fact. Well, he was really flying yesterday with Scott's help. As the swing was at it's highest, Toby decided to straighten himself and let go. He slid right through the middle onto the wood chips. He cried hard, but it was discovered the tears were only for not being on the swing. He didn't seem to mind the fall at all.

Garrett and Jessie took our boys to dinner and a movie with their family. Horton and the Who? It's Ranne's first movie to be in in a conscious state. Toby's first time too, of course. As they did that, Scott and I dined out and enjoyed it immensely. From what we were TOLD, the boys did really well and there was no difficulty with them. That is very fun to hear as parents of a 3-yr-old and an 18-mo-er.

A prayer request. I am going to have a little emergency ultrasound on Monday, Lord willing. I have been having some bleeding. It could be very normal, but I am concerned. Really. I went shopping today and it wore me out way more than it should have. I looked and looked for a dress that wasn't $150 but fit, finally finding a good sale at Dillards. By the time I climbed stairs there and tried on a few that I liked, I could barely keep myself together. The employee there asked if I wanted one I had her put back and seemed put off when I said, "I just have to go home now." My middle was aching and head was swimming. "Amazing Scott" let me sleep the afternoon away while they boys ranne wild.

Remodel has begun. Scott did a take-off for the major work and plans to send it out to various building supply places on Monday. Once that's decided on, it should pick up. The kitchen floor has proved a headache. No surprise there, I guess.

CSC is going strong it seems. They're prepping for volleyball still. There will be a big BBQ, the tournament, a band.... Lots of work to be done!

A dorm study was started last week. Sounds like 14 or so people were there, and many plan to come back. One young lady who participated came to the CSC a few nights later for the worship. That makes the effort worth it in my opinion.

Scott spoke very boldly about self-control and modesty to the people there on Thursday night. He spun it off of 1 Peter 1, mostly. I think it was extremely effective, or at least got the wheels turning. Funny thing: after the lesson ended and everyone went their way, the men all RAN into the game room while the ladies chatted in the main area. They were all freaked out, which is really good and slightly amusing.

Anyway, that's our news. A quick close and "goodnight".

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Sydni said...

The 'Ranne Johnson' and 'English' comments just crack me up so much.

The date night sounds fabulous and I'm really glad for you that the remodeling seems to be well under way.

We will pray that everything is perfectly fine with your baby. If I remember correctly, you had some bleeding with Toby and I think maybe Ranne too.... perhaps it is just what you do? I most certainly would be concerned though, too.

Will you let us know as you can, (tomorrow or whenever) what you learn from the ultrasound?