Monday, April 7, 2008

The Prayers of Babes...ahhh.

A quick funny I forgot on the last blog. Remember how Toby fell through the hole of the tire swing? It all happened while I was jogging, so Ranne was telling me about it over lunch. He said, "Toby was swinging and then fell through the ... the ... tire's ... drain--you know?"

Before going to the doctor this morning, we were talking about it to Ranne. I said they were going to take a picture inside me and see if the baby was there or not. He said, "I will pray for you now. God will make you better. He will." And, then he prayed. It was heartwarming and reassuring. He then gave me a hug and said God would make me well. I have no doubt.

I went for the ultrasound. The tech was awesome. She was extremely thorough and educated me along the way. Often they are discouraged from talking about what they see, but she explained everything she was looking at and why.

The sac measured at 5 1/2 weeks rather than 7.5. This could mean, she said, that either our date is off or the baby process stopped nearly two weeks ago. I am confident of the date. I took a test 2 weeks after the suspected time and it was positive. There really is not likelihood of that showing positive only two or three days after, if we actually are only 5.5 weeks along. She saw that everything was in the correct place, so ectopic pregnancy is out, which is a relief. The baby was only a spec and 'out of range' of her device. So, no heartbeat could be found, meaning either it was 'out of range' as she said or there is not one.

SO, still no knowledge. I took a blood test today to determine hormone levels and will do so again in two days. If the hormone level doubles between tests, I'm pregnant. If not, we'll be facing another miscarriage. Thank goodness God knows how to deal with all this. It doesn't seem dramatic or terrible, but I am sad. Shrug.

When getting back from this appointment to the CSC where the boys were, Ranne happily asked me if the baby was still there and if I was going to get 'huge' or not. He still waits for the answer. He has really enjoyed looking at online pictures of developing babies.

He went to the lab for the blood work with me. He sat in a chair so that he could watch, Toby was in my lap, and he flattered the tech like nothing else. He told the guy, "You know what you're doing?! Wow. You are a wise man. " The man laughed hard and said, "Well, you're a wise boy!" Ranne answered with a, "Yeah, I am." Ranne sat there and continued the compliments including telling the man that he did a very good job taking the blood from me. Everyone in the lab was rolling with laughter and promised him a front desk job there at the office. Funny.

3 Responses:

Sydni said...

Oh, my. Ranne is getting funnier by the DAY.

Please continue to keep us posted. You do such a good job of that. Thank you!

psn4athome said...

We'll be praying for you. Love you

Nathan Kristine said...

Ranne certainly is wise beyond his years ... you are in our prayers!