Friday, January 25, 2008

Rambling Thoughts

The camera is now in Colorado, so imagination will have to do....

Imagine: Scott driving a bus for the first time in heavy snow with 43 college-aged kids to Wolfcreek, Co to ski for two days, one of those days being College Day. He has the skis, the cameras, amazing snow.

Imagine: Amanda home cleaning vomit, diarrhea, and snot out of numerous articles of child's clothing, bedding, and toys. Does this not even mention the poor child himself!?

Ranne had a fever on Wednesday which didn't last long. Ate and played like a champ on Thursday, throwing-up in his bed twice that night. The first time Scott and I handled it alright. The second time was worse; I whimpered the whole time. Ranne kept telling me, "Mama, some thing's wrong with me. Do you know what's wrong with me? I'm okay, Mama (in response to my moans)." Today, he ate NOTHING and has slept the majority of our waking hours. The only thing he'll say is, "Some thing's wrong with me. Do you know what's wrong with me?", repeating it over and over. When I say I do know, he replies, "You think you know." Arhg. He was feeling a tad better this morn and said, "The bug in my throat is gone. It must've crawled out!"

Toby is fine aside from a drippy nose. He's hamming it up, for all the extra attention he has while brother sleeps. He's helping me with laundry, picking up toys, and throwing away trash. He's gotten a new tooth and is saying many words, the most clear one being "Amen". I think that's just because he usually wants to eat or sleep and is excited for the prayer before meals and crib to be OVER.

Last night at the Student Center a homeless man came up. I have worked with this specific individual before, though in his constant overdosed state he'd never remember. He and I were so absorbed in conversation (him swearing at me, pretty much), Toby took off and was almost to the street when one of the CSC guys who was standing there spotted him. Only that night had Toby realized he could move rapidly. Ranne, after experiencing the unhappy homeless man, said, "Mom, why did that man call you a 'Piece of c///'?" Nice....

Yesterday was Scott's birthday. I fixed him a birthday breakfast since he likes this particular meal but I rarely make it. I had to pry him out of bed. Ranne was sleeping late, recovering from his fever the day before. Toby and I were done with breakfast by the time Scott came out. He ate and opened his box. It was kind of sad. BUT, one of the girls at the CSC decorated his office a little and baked a cake that night to eat after everyone sang. This very kind--not to mention well-received.

The new semester has brought more faces to Scott's work place. It's also already bringing in groans of homework and perverted sociology professors. Ah, the college-life. For the most part, people seem relieved to begin their courses and have an excited air.

I am very excited about the next ladies prayer circle. The first one was attended by four gals. They all seemed happy with it and I've had much talk from others who want to come to the one on the 9th. If there are more than four this time (who knows where people's talk goes), .... well these details aren't interesting. Please pray that the ladies come and come with expectant hearts.

So, the weekend is here and I'm not in Colorado. I try to imagine myself there, but it only makes me feel more miserable and lonely and sorry for myself. So, pray the trip is safe and the weekend passes quickly here. R's breathing sounded a little loud when I put Toby down, so I'm somewhat concerned.

Betty, Syd, or Sun: if someone could send me an address to mail the quilt blocks to, I'm sure the women quilting would be grateful. Yes, I know I'm the latest and holding things back. Tonight I am cranking them out.

Because blogs are only fun with pictures, I'll go ahead and post some of my step-mother's daughter's girls. Riley is the child who was born so early. After huge amounts of surgeries, worry, stress, and prayers: she's doing blessedly well. Quinn is her adoring older sister. In the B&W picture, Scott said, "Who's head of hair is that?!" I said, "Yeeshk, I know. It's heaven hair.", ie what all the ladies' hair will look like in heaven. Yes, I know that's not scriptural. Ranne saw the picture of Quinn and said, "Where's she going to fly to?"





2 Responses:

Sydni said...

Floy Lewis
556 W. Main St.
Lancaster, TX 75146

There's the address!

This post had me in stitches!!! I especially laughed when Ranne quoted the homeless man.... ... yikes.

I'm SO SORRY about Ranne feeling awful and vomiting. That is the WORST. Especially in the bed!

I'm also sorry you did not get to go on the ski trip. It sounds as though the semester will be full of work for the Lord.

THANK you for this wonderful, informative post. I did NOT forget Scott's b-day. It's just that you and we don't really do the birthday thing. No hard feelings on either side. :)

Much love.

JeremyNSunny said...

Hey Sis!!

Wow, you have got it GOING ON! I know how it feels to be 'left out' of exciting, ministry-related things. However, what you are doing is a gift from your heart to your boys'; this you know.... You are molding their hearts so that they can do the same for others some day.

I WANT THE DETAILS ABOUT THE PRAYER CIRCLE! And all other details!! Maybe you can post about that afterwards! :)

Oooohhhhhhhhh, it is precious to hear the sweet things your children are saying. Toby moving quickly toward the street is scary.... It is good to be surrounded by godly ones who love us and help us by being extra eyes and ears.... [I can't count the times....]

I'm happy to hear Scott had a good birthday.

I totally agree with you about "Heaven hair," and boy, that Quinn favors her grandma!

The Website is awesome. That Brendan!!

THANK you for all the pictures. I know it's extra effort to post the pictures, but you're right that they add a lot to a blog -- especially for us 'far away ones' who need the mental pictures since we can't see you in real life. (sniff)

Your house looks spacious, clean, and homey. Wanna come do ours now??? LOL!

Hugs all around.