Monday, January 14, 2008

Little Rings

The latest little ring of our tree's trunk isn't much, but does have some cute pictures and a story or two of the children.






Life is more normal now, since Christmas. Last week, though, we did have four groups over in a seven-day time frame. That was a bit much but does fill our days with good memories and refreshment.

First we had a very good Student Center study at the house. Three students came and had some very thought provoking study on salvation. It was two hours, though. The boys enjoyed the first part.

Second, the Robinsons came over, as well as my Great Aunt: Dora. Bill (Mrs. Robinson's husband) used to be "the man in charge" at the CSC. Long ago, she adopted our children. She always hunts them down at church events for hugs and kisses. This Christmas she gave generous gifts to the boys. We waited to open them until the night of their visit. Ranne received a piano with gadgets galore and Toby unwrapped a cart to push around and carry things in. We ate together, played with the toys and spent some time over dominoes.

Thirdly, my brother and his family joined us for supper on a Saturday night. Their sweet daughter kept my boys on their toes, trying all sorts of playing they'd never adventured to try before. She is a very agile and capable little gal with a big vocabulary. Hearing her small voice saying, "Yes" and "Up please." was adorable. Unfortunately I only got one picture. By the time I remembered the camera it was late and hard to get a good shot. There's also a picture of Scott with a new growth we need to have something done about and my brother.


Lastly, we had our dear friends the Bowles over. Same thing ther: I only got one good picture of their son, but none of the rest of them. Having them over is always refreshing and fun. We had a crock pot meal and lots of playing. Their daughter and Ranne have been long-time buddies. Moving further away from their home has been especially hard due to that!


Today Scott took a lunch with the boys and me, walking around the University's golf course. Ranne did well except when distracted by the cranes and tractors on the city's horizon. Toby was very content in the carrier we carried on our backs. So content, in fact, that when I took him out of the carrier at the car upon leaving, he began throwing a tantrum (new thing). As this was happening, a woman was just pulling away in her car and Ranne was walking around a fence to take all this in. He ran to Toby and tried to pull him up and hug him, yelling, "Toby was hit by the car! Help." When I had him let Toby go, he looked at me with huge, upset eyes and insisted that Toby must be screaming because he was hurt from being hit by the car that just drove away. It was so neat to see him react in such a concerned and helpful way. Wow.

Anyway, that was our day. Now their sleeping their third our of a nap. Long day.

2 Responses:

Sydni said...

Your walk and lunch today sound fabulous!!! I too am very pleased to know Ranne has such concern and love for his dear brother.

Thank you VERY much for the wonderful pictures and for the post. :) It helps us to feel a little more connected....

DadJohnson said...

I love your updates and pictures.
I miss my little buddies and I miss you two also.

My love and hugs to all,

Dad Johnson