Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Progress

The laundry room. There remains trim and door painting.

The new countertop is ready and waiting. We hope to get in put in Saturday.


Do any of you remember our old cabinets. These are new new ones specially made to match the metal ones, though they are wood. The cabinet makers seemed very pround of themselves. It's nice, in a weird way, to be in a recession. The contractors around town are more willing to do the job for an affordable price when they need the work. The are beautiful, though the finishes will vary. The new powder-coat finish on the metal ones. Is GREAT! My neice and sons' friends (they have all commented on our dirty kitchen) will be very happy to see that they look clean.


I have dubbed the kitchen, Mama's "Happy Room". Do not fuss or you will be put in there to stare at the happy yellow walls. So pretty! It'll be really nice with the white cabinets and dark countertops. Yes, the yellow on the floor is my work. The gorgous walls and electrical fixtures are Scott's. I like how different the yellow looks in different light. All pretty. Scott, though, keeps singing the Bobcats song when he looks from the kitchen into the blue dining room. TOO much.

Sigh. So clean. Notice the floor! Chad, David, Garrett and Scott did such a nice job! THANK YOU.

5 Responses:

The Denney Family said...

Love the yellow...what is the name of the color? I want to paint Haley's room yellow.

Sydni said...

Oooooh! I like the yellow a LOT!! The floor is also WONDERFUL. Sorry for the caps and abuse of the exclamation marks, but I'm trying to convey my feelings about all of the work!! Really great. Thanks again for sharing! !!!!!!!

The Free Tree said...

THANK You!!! I really like it too. Usually that is not the case, I'm so critical!!!! The color is Honey Bird (300B-5) by Behr. It's almost orangish, but then looks like a pretty butter most of the time.

I LOVE YOU sYDnI! Thanks for expressing yourself.

The Free Tree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JeremyNSunny said...

*gasp* PERFECT. "Mama's Happy Room" is the perfect name for it. I am so JEALOUS of all the color on your walls. Live it up! ;) Such wonderful work you guys are doing, and I greatly appreciate you sharing the journey with us!!!!!