Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nope, No Shame.

So, Monday we visited the Botanical Gardens to look at their grape vines, trying to figure out what to do with ours to make it thrive next summer. While there, we found a bug exhibit. Ranne fearlessly pet a very large spider and a few other things.

This scorpion is, of course, not alive. We DID learn a very interesting fact, that under a black light all scorpions light up. It's a specific protein in their shell thingy (exoskeleton). Fascinating and pretty!


Vinegaroon:


And here's the pretty Heritage Farm section of the gardens:







Tuesday School, my nursery class. The little boy next to Trey is sooooooooooooo adorable and sweet. He gets many Amanda hugs.




The Veteran's Parade and event at the Memorial Park near our home:

Ranne with his hot chocolate and people who recently committed membership to the church body we work with. They live near by and home school (for your info Sunny).










Last and least:
So, how about this photo for the next Venus commercial?

The pics above are two days after surgery when the bandage came off.

The pic below is today: a week later. UG! How long will this ugliness go on? Eck, whatever.

4 Responses:

Sydni said...

Oh, thanks SO, SO MUCH for the pictures.

The leg pics did give me a bit of a twist in my stomach, but also helped me get a better grasp on the situation...?? I hope.

The last several time I've had any sort of communication w/ Sunny (phone, e-mail, Skype) she has told me that you guys are going to be with them for Christmas. I think she's just a wee bit excited!

Thank you so much for posting!!!!

DadJohnson said...

Qw, ow, ow...(passed out).

JeremyNSunny said...

(LOL at your dad's comment!!)

The Botanical Gardens!! HM! This is exciting to me because I am still hoping to take N & J to Des Moines's Botanical Gardens!! (I think Jeremy would not be too hot-to-trot about that trip.) I have no memory of EVER being at a place like that. Thanks for those photos! (The one of Scott with the boys made me laugh.out.loud. So REALISTIC, eh??)

Heh, heh, heh, fun flag shots at the parade. Oh, and I'm happy to know I'm not the only teacher taking pictures of her Bible class students!! lol

Trey's little face is so sweet I want to KISS IT. It's fun to see the progression of his expression. (Hm, nice phrase. lol)

Since you are feeling frustrated that the bruising is hanging on so long, I hope for your sake it re-absorbs more quickly than did Jeremy's after his ankle sprain. GOOD GRIEF, that took weeks upon weeks to heal, inside-and-out. Keep taking it easy, pretty-please? :)

Nathan Kristine said...

Thank goodness you had the surgery in the fall, heading in to winter ... absolutely not shorts season! I'm sorry it has been so frustrating, but my concern for your health makes me glad you did it anyway.
Those scorpions were YUCK!