Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snitching Broken Bread


Toby's Sunday teacher sent us this picture. The class was greatly amused when, teaching the children about the Lord's Supper, Toby treated himself to the whole loaf. I delight in his expression! Such pleasure.

Scott let me go on the college ski trip this last weekend. The boys stayed with good friends who they love dearly. From what was told, the kids did great overall. We're so glad they can adapt and do things like this without too much trauma. Toby's been VERY happy to be huggy and there's been a bit of training to be relearned, but overall it's been an easy recovery.

When reading a book about animals with Ranne the other day, we were looking at a picture of a Saddleback Caterpillar. I asked him, "Do you remember what this bug is called?" "Oh, yes." he responded. "A Cadillac."

I told Ranne his dad's birthday was coming and that we should find him a gift at the next store outing. "Why don't you think about what your dad likes. We can then look for that." I suggested. He instantly said he wanted to get him a bottle of Gatorade, which is actually very smart and what Scott would surely enjoy.

My Grammy comes tomorrow to begin her stay with us. I'm not sure how long she'll be here, as she wants to spend more time with Brendan and Sarah as well. It will be nice to put her in our 'guest room' and have her around to visit with. From what I hear, the roof on their house that was burnt is now being restored.

Baby is low and contractions (BH) come fairly regularly now. I'm hoping for an early, but healthy, delivery from this condition. 33 weeks tomorrow.....






3 Responses:

Nathan Kristine said...

Glad you made it back safely and the kids did well in your absence. Love that picture of Toby. :) Hope you had a fun winter adventure, even without actually skiing. Will be in touch when I return next week.

JeremyNSunny said...

Isn't it exciting when someone else gets a great shot of your own kiddo, and then is kind enough to share it?? Toby looks SUPER sweet in the broken bread picture!!

I'd say Ranne's memory did well remembering the specific name of that bug!! :)

I'll be saying special prayers for you in the coming weeks, in regards to the (a-hem) "aforementioned" challenges ahead. {{hugs}}

DadJohnson said...

The trip sounded relaxing for sure.
The kids had quite a time to I can see. Love you guys and miss you terribly.

Dad and Papa