Monday, January 5, 2009

Just for You, Foldings

So, much has gone on since the last blog, especially Dad and Brenda's visit. I do intend to blog it, but we haven't slowed down until today. I, first, have a quick treat for the Folding family who worked for some time in Tucson.

Scott visited with a couple from there, the Knapps, last Sunday at Mountainside. I was home sick so totally unaware of this until yesterday. We came home from being gone yesterday 9am-7pm to recieve a call from David that his wife and two youth ministers would be in town at 9:30 and still expected to stay with whoever Scott arranged them to stay with. Well, he forgot, so we rushed around like crazy people, preparing. The boys were shuffled into our room and the trundle Ranne sleeps on was made into two beds. Thankfully the guest bedroom was recently fixed up enough for company.

Two Travis's and Mrs. Knapp showed up. They said they slept well, but I dunno. Ranne's bed is mighty small for two big guys, converting into two twins.
This picture, Jeremy, is for you especially:

Here are just a couple others. Now, for a nap....


Please pray for my Aunt, Uncle and Grammy. Their home burned down (a large portion of it) and they are now in a hotel. Grammy will be coming here for some time, from what I hear. I haven't spoken to them directly.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

JeremyNSunny said...

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO GET MY BEARINGS ON THIS POST????? (eye roll) What a mind-job! This is just WONDERFUL!!!!! I hope you enjoyed our friends as much as we do! :) :) Wow, good thing they're 'relaxed' folk, eh, considering the lack of preparation you had! I know the feeling; my husband sprung an unexpected invitation on me last weekend. Nnnnot a feeling I wish to revisit often.... Thanks for being a gracious host to the Travises and Jessica!! I'm SURE they enjoyed you all!!!!!!

Oh, Amanda! I am so sad to hear about the fire! ??! Will you be able to share any more deatils about it? I'm thankful to the Good Lord that everyone is okay, but ... that's a terrible 'hit'! Were they well-insured??? Maybe I need to e-mail you privately about this??