Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crouching Lions

Amazing. So, this week I officially feel like an adult. It may be the first time, well, ever. Scott and I have had some of the most sad and disappointing few days--since Monday, so three days. Thanks be to God for support though! Good friends, Marylin and Glennys joined me last night for coffee. They are always such spiritual strength: making sure I have a submissive spirit toward God; encouraging me to do well with the boys, big and little; and confirming the ways Scott and I raise our children. They are seeing the fruit in two happy, confident, capable, loving, generous, fun boys.


Daniel 6 was read between the woman who I study with and I. Very, very encouraging right now, very emboldening. Scott and I are commited to try and show such devotion to God, pursuing His will in both our work and personal time, doing our best for His glory. I was inspired. Daniel knew the king trusted him, even though the king made a bad choice out of boosted pride fed by the 'world' and it's bitterness toward Daniel's faithfulness to God's ways and his being blessed. He did not act-out toward the king or fight him, but did boldly continue doing God's will in faith. His faith infected the king with a trust for the power of Daniel's God.

I'm exhausted in every way though, so really this is just to air-out my thoughts and post a couple pictures of some of my greatest blessings. Enjoy.


2 Responses:

Sydni said...

It is GOOD that you have people who can help and be supportive - guiding you in a godly way, during the difficult days.

JeremyNSunny said...

Thank you for posting so that we who love you can be praying. I look forward to calling you in the next couple of days. Maybe you can fill me in a more private setting.... Having decided not to worry, I will simply be thankful to speak to you when the time comes, Lord willing. Hugs, sf