Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Usual, Please


The Usual, Please.
This corner is where I sew.  Thanks to Scott, there are shelves and plenty of light for my small projects.    Pinterest has inspired me to try a few things.  The latest actual sewing project is a child's apron.  The adult one wasn't the best pattern.  I'm just going to have to do my own....


 The boys made sock puppets at the Johnsons.  Those Thursday nights have turned out to be some of the boys' favorite.  Cousin time is good!


 Dad is strong.



My children are precious.





Scott's birthday was nice!  We woke to a skiff of snow, a Farmer Boy breakfast that included apple pie, and gifts.  The boys picked out a fireman's hose nozzle.  He didn't seem THRILLED but was humored by that one.  It probably just looked like work: car washing, yard and house work....  Ah well.



Toby set up this monster to guard the house from scary dogs that might try to get in.


 Tulips for Aunt Dora's birthday, which we forgot to send home with her, and little lemons I found at Walmart.  They smell AMAZINGLY sweet and are nearly the color of oranges.  I may go back for more!  Lemonade?

Aunt Dora's birthday was the 30th, yesterday.  We had her to the house, setting out china, silver and crystal she gave us.  The linens were a gift from Uncle Ronald and Aunt Raht. The boys did great, eating quietly so we could hear her and her stories.  What a blessing she is!  I think a cake plate or stand is needed, though.  My white plate wasn't quite enough for that rich Chocolate Coffee Bunt Cake.  It was delicious!



Scott took the kids outside for a walk so I could finish getting the dinner ready and he returned with these.  I didn't know a flower shop opened up at the end of the street.  The scary little thrift store is now an art gallery and flower shop.  The flower people are the same as those on the airbase.



As I scroll through these pictures, I realize most everything in them was gifted to our family: from furniture to table linens to clothes.  Thank you, Lord, and thank you family.  We are doing so well and enjoying our little family thoroughly.  God bless you all as well.


1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

Solomon516 said...

love you amanda! Thank you for sharing the pictures!