Friday, June 17, 2011

New Beginnings

Tired of the 'magazine front' Facebook showed of other's lives, the: Amanda 'Johnson' Free account has been deleted. Funny how I feel as if I'm admitting to the killing of my other identity!

Because what was there could never reflect the complete self, frustration of my inability to communicate, or even perhaps the inappropriateness (or indecency) and self-focus it allowed when divulging, seemed to outweigh the benefits. Not to mention, it was far too easy to wrap-up in envy of others' vacations, appearance and lifestyles. None of the images that induced such feelings even reflected that person's feelings or spiritual well-being wholly, though they did in fact present good indications of their current state. That, I have to admit, was helpful at times.

The temptations to procrastinate with FB to avoid uninteresting chores and motherly duties were strong too. So, the hope here is that the draw of figuring out the latest blogging world features will be less immediately interesting and I can be more diligent in my service to the Lord through His blessings and given responsibilities.

So, look for updates. Send emails when you have questions and by all means, keep us updated on your lives! I realize traffic here will never be heavy as it was in other venues, but it will surely encourage a more proactive relationship with each of you by me. God bless you all as you walk with Him, reflect Him, and love Him through your service and sacrifice.

3 Responses:

Sydni said...

OH! I hear you dear sister-in-law. I hear every word you wrote. I have been removed from Facebook for awhile. I get in through Clint's when someone alerts me to go see the pictures of their new grandbaby or their vacation (or whatever) - so maybe you can still get in through Scott's to see pictures that you'd be otherwise unable to see... ?? Maybe you don't even want that to do w/ it. Anyway, I hope to hear from you a lot even though you're one busy lady!

DadJohnson said...

I am with you on this dear daughter. I have kept my FB connection only because I have another avenue to inform of my blog updates. I suspect even this may change as well. I look forward to your thoughts and an occasional Skype connection.

Much love

The Free Tree said...

I could be MUCH busier. Been quite lazy actually. You'd think we'd get pics on here more already, but alas the afternoons are napped away, or I'm reading.

I want to know, Sydni, how Clint is feeling. I heard he's been pretty sick! Uck!

My blogger postings are through the email freeamanda@rocketmail.com, an account which I never look at. But, it keeps me off your blog when I try to look since you have another email posted for our contact. Gr. I can see it by way of a round-about, but then any comments are with a silly, old alias name.

Dad, we'll have to Skype with your company over the weekend!