Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In Our Loves

Ranne has said a couple sweet things lately. No pictures as our camera was left at friends' house for several days.

He was outside with Toby and I heard him yell and cry loudly, so went to check. He fell off his bike, which was in the grass. His arm had scraped a brick, leaving a red scuff all the way down his forearm, which reminded me how soft and small he still is. After lunch and waking him from a nap, he, half asleep, said, "I fell and hurt my arm on the dirt box. But, I know that God was with me; He's always with us. When I fell, deep down inside I felt his footstep."

Later on he said, "God is always with us. He's in our loves." At three, almost four, he still calls hearts 'loves'. I enjoy it and don't correct him, though he does know what a heart is.

We've had several such great conversations. He's just awesome.

1 Responses (Leave a Comment):

JeremyNSunny said...

Well, you're in our 'loves', too. Mmmm, I totally hear you about not correcting, at this age, things that are so super-precious. (sniff, sniff) Thanks for posting these! :)