Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bloody News

Quick update: boys are sick again, I think. Snot, cough, etc....

The midwife called me about the blood work I had done a couple weeks ago. I tested positive for Factor V Leiden, which is a genetic blood clotting problem. It would explain the last two miscarriages and could prove future pregnancies difficult. Today I began taking baby aspirin for all this as we begin trying for another baby and have also set up an appointment with a perinatologist on the 23rd of June. So, please keep us in your prayers.

Other than that, life is busy until end of August. We have men's and ladies events with the student center this weekend, help my brother move into their new house, a breast cancer run/class set-up for the church/Father's day on Sunday, a retreat the following weekend, Taco Hut dinner the next, vacation the following two weeks, teaching at camp the next and then a trip to Golden, Co. for the end of July. After that will be family camp and college retreats.

Pics will come later. There really haven't been any.

OH, today Ranne did his first, official schoolwork which consisted of worksheets out of a couple pre-school books I found. Two pages a day should be plenty. He also helped me wash the car and set the table for lunch.

Quiet time went well, though Ranne fell asleep. Both boys have not gotten to bed until 10pm the last couple nights and Ranne didn't sleep well with his cough.

Recent sweet: Ranne has a hard time sleeping when he's excited to go to someone's house or play with a new person. He knew we were going to our friends the Bowles home for dinner last Friday night. As he went down for his nap I told him, "Now, Ranne. We are going to the Bowles house tonight, you know. It is very important that you sleep before you go so that you 1) can feel good and 2) be happy and pleasant while we are there." He slept for a couple hours and woke saying, "Mama, my sleep gave me some giggles."

3 Responses:

Sydni said...

That does sound very, very busy!

I'm so glad Ranne's good sleep gave him giggles - does it get any sweeter?

JeremyNSunny said...

lol -- This wasn't exactly the title I was expecting! However, it could be a title for a blog of mine, what with the nose bleeds Justus and I had during our first few weeks in this house; thankfully, they have stopped!!

Great job remembering Ranne's 'sweet' to post!!

Have great fun in all the upcoming events you expect! I pray alllll goes well. ;) Love ya!

Nathan Kristine said...

I love the giggles! We will talk more about Factor V ... baby aspirin was my treatment as well. It is such a relief to hear a diagnosis for you, and one that can be easily treated! You are in my prayers always.